Sunday, November 12, 2006

shamless self pity

opening and shutting
the shut shutters
of my mind
eurthymic rhythm so
not eurthymic
and miss world
drowning
in
the cacophany
smile and wave
and flip a page
and die and die
another day
impressed by your brevity
a thousand years standing is ye
and a thousand years dead
is me
hopeless shadows
filling the void
fulfilling the absymal lucidity
that I never really was
and those who stay there
do not speak
they just circulate
you and me
and the poison frog your poision's choosing
shoot me with an arrow
for there is nothing left
too many slices cut
and evenly distributed
to ravenous beasts
and the like
of all who have sucked from me
that which can't be sucked
wasting the wasted
killing the dying
and the catalyst
for that which
can never
be named
except
during moments
of brevity
oh so long
ago
and miles
miles
away

No comments: