Sunday, November 12, 2006

nameless .04

I am incredibly exhausted, as I have been for days of sleep deprivation. But I am going to attempt to write this somewhat articulately.

Today was labor day. Throughout my whole life this day never had any significance to me whatsoever other than the fact that it was a day off school (if school had even started) and work for my dad. My whole life, the day that school started determined the slipping away of summer, whenever that may have been. It was transitional and fleeting, and not set in stone.

But this year, I am not going to school. So therefore, for me and millions of other Americans, summer officially ended today. And it doesn't really make me feel old or mature, nor does it make me feel immature. But it does make me feel like I've lost something. Something that doesn't necessarily have to do with the fact that I am not in school. Or that I have deviated from the most trodded path, even if this is the result of it.

What it is exactly, I am not sure. I don't feel like analyzing it to death. All I know is that this is a new era. And I'm not even in a different place, but there's just something about it that feels different. I look at it existentially. and I do not expect it to save me. Eras can not do that.

But I must admit, I am kind of excited.

-9/5/05-

No comments: