Sunday, November 12, 2006

left standing

I do not ever write or think

When I think of you

I just speak

When I thought of her I thought

Yes, it's true

I was meant for

another world

pulling back eyelids

lusting

and bursting

ripping into you

all of the things

we shall never say

yet know

and think

but this is not

my ptolemnic lament

to you

I do not speak or think or write

Mrs. Dalloway

ending so Hollywood

a million girls at a time

all one in the same

a desecration

They will not desercrate me

I will make art

I will flow words

in your ear

And you will not desecrate me

Nor will you cause pain

In the valley of my heart

That became a ravine

A thousand years ago

When all was first maligned

Those tears I do not cry

Those kisses I do not kiss

I can not bear

To step into you

To fade into you

To do a dirty job

To be one of the maligned

Maligning

In a place so far away

where one knows of desecration

And they speak none in poetry

It is here

The bargain

For selling your soul to the liquid devil

Speak not these words

into the bitter snatches of the night

Compromise not

I will not compromise for them

Wear a white dress for them

Lay down for them

And all that is falling down

Will crumble

And I will be

Left Standing

No comments: